Re: [xsl] remove blank xmlns

Subject: Re: [xsl] remove blank xmlns
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:27:33 +0100
Hi Paul,

> My original attempts to resolve this problem involved using
> createNode() instead of createElement(). I had various problems with
> this (as usual, most likely due to my lack of knowledge) after
> receiving multiple syntactical errors, the best I could get was
> this:
>  error  438  Object doesn't support this property or method
> Below (in red) are a few things I've tried that didn't work for me.
> Does createNode() function properly on IIS? Can it only be used for
> the root node? Does it only function properly if all createElement()
> calls are replaced with createNode()? Once again, any help you can
> offer me makes me extremely happy :)

OK, I'll admit up front that I've never done any of this DOM
manipulation stuff so may well be completely off-beam. The one thing
that jumps out at me is the fact that you're creating a DOM with:

  Set objDom = server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

Now, that ProgID was from *MSXML2* rather than MSXML3, so perhaps it's
that the DOM you're creating is the wrong kind of DOM? Try:

  Set objDom = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")

Then at least it should recognise the createNode() function. I think
that:

  Set objRecord = objDom.createNode(NODE_ELEMENT, "project",
                                    "x-schema:sortProjects-schema.xml")

is probably closest to what you want. I'm getting all this from the
MSXML3 SDK documentation, so might be off beam. If it doesn't work,
you're probably better off raising the question of how to create
elements in a particular namespace with IIS on a different list.

Here's hoping,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison