Re: [xsl]   vs

Subject: Re: [xsl]   vs
From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:45:41 +0200
* Alan Alda wrote:
>I am using &#160; in my sheets to insert a whitespace-
>however, in Michael Kay's excellent book, I came
>across &#xA0. They look like they do the same thing,
>but which is a more standard way of inserting an
>&nbsp; in the resulting HTML?

&#160; is &#xA0; just using decimal rather than hexadecimal
notation. It depends on how your XSLT processor translates
them. I won't recommend to use &#xA0; or even &#XA0; [1] in
HTML documents, since there are broken HTML user agents that
understand &nbsp; or &#160; better than those.

[1] the upper-case X is allowed in SGML but not in XML, so if you put
    out XHTML you can't use the upper-case notation.
--
Björn Höhrmann { mailto:bjoern@xxxxxxxxxxxx } http://www.bjoernsworld.de