Re: [xsl] not wellformed contents of xsl:template

Subject: Re: [xsl] not wellformed contents of xsl:template
From: "Lisa Rupe" <LRupe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:14:10 -0500

Ugh! what Jean-Baptiste left out is that if you're doing this, there are
way better tools than XSLT. This approach has terrible shortcomings and
takes advantage of none of XSLT's strengths. It's like saying you want to
make a wooden pedestal, putting your block on your lathe, and then pulling
out your whittling knife.

An XSLT approach would work by looking at the problem a completely
different way. Lisa should step back up the tree one level (or more) so she
doesn't need to split her table in half.

   --This is just a quick fix to a style sheet someone else wrote. Until I
   learn what everything does in all 25 pages of the stylesheet, I'll stick
   to making it work only!

This is covered in the FAQ! (Lisa, please ask again if research into the
question -- in the FAQ, and in Mike Kay's book or other manuals -- does not
illuminate why other solutions to your problem are better than trying to
split your table in two.)

Cheers,
Wendell