RE: [xsl] not wellformed contents of xsl:template

Subject: RE: [xsl] not wellformed contents of xsl:template
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:16:57 +0100
>  --This is just a quick fix to a style sheet someone else
> wrote. Until I learn what everything does in all 25 pages of the
> stylesheet, I'll stick to making it work only!

It's not a quick fix. It's a serious structural change. Trying to make a
substantial design change to any program by means of a "quick fix" is
guaranteed to create an unreliable and unmaintainable mess, and stylesheets
are no exception.

(Actually, changing programs I don't understand is something I generally
prefer to avoid, it almost invariably breaks them.)

Mike Kay
Software AG