Re: [xsl] xalan-j2 D7: StreamSource cannot be kept?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xalan-j2 D7: StreamSource cannot be kept?
From: Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:55:45 -0400
Unfortunately, the StreamSource does not implement Cloneable.  So you'll
have to clone it by getting the data from the getter methods, and then
using the setter method on a new StreamSource.  In any case, when you clone
() your SiteManager, it doesn't do a deep clone, so you would have to
specifically clone the contained StreamSource(s).

"Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The JAXP 1.1 spec is rather remiss in that it doesn't say which kinds of
> Source object are consumed by supplying them to a transformation. But I
> think it's reasonable to assume that a StreamSource or SAXSource can only
be
> used once.

Hmm... you really ought to be able to use a Source as many times as you
wish (even if the JAXP 1.1 spec is not specific about it).  Rob, I would
to get it fixed.  It will make things go faster if you include a small test
program to replicate the problem.

I'm not even totally clear if this is a problem with StreamSource.  It
could be a problem with reusing Transformers or some such.  Again, a small
program that replicates the problem will help us determine exactly what the
issue is.

-scott