Re: [xsl] Capitalizing content of a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Capitalizing content of a variable
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:21:00 +0100
Michael Kay wrote:

>Yes, the most common example is the German ß. To handle that
> you need a more sophisticated approach.

and Johannes Döbler replied:

> but its still possible (don't say I'm cheating):

Johannes, this sounds as if you think "more sophisticated" means "pretty
impossible". But surely not here on XSL-L, where sophisticated
bracketey-quotey-thinginess reigns supreme and there's no corner of a
data structure so deeply nested that a succinct Xpath, dashed off with
one hand by a resident wizard, cannot probe.

And OK, I won't *say* you're cheating, but I'll *think* it (along with
other folk who for one reason or another aren't in a position to call
external Java routines).

Michael