RE: [xsl] Re: Microsoft XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Microsoft XML
From: "Max Dunn" <maxdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:10:16 -0700
That comment made perfect sense at the time it was written, which was
early 2000.  The book was first printed in June 2000: who knows how long
(several months?) the lapse was between the last stages of writing and
the publication.

See the status as of May 2000 for yourself:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/05/10/conformance/conformance.html

Or earlier, which was probably the version of MSXML that Brett
McLaughlin had last encountered before writing that 'racist comment':
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200001/msg00345.html
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200001/msg00354.html

It is easy to see *now* that Microsoft was destined to come around and
eventually catch up with implementations such as Saxon in terms of
conformance, but at that time they were definitely lagging.

I would imagine the second edition of this book (due out shortly) will
not make a similar statement.

Max