[xsl] Installing Cocoon

Subject: [xsl] Installing Cocoon
From: Mark Galbreath <mgalbrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 9:45:37 EDT
I'm trying to get through Chapter 9 of Brett McLaughlin's "Java and XML" (1st edition) where he describes the installation process for Cocoon 1.1.  I d/l Cocoon 2.0 beta 2 from Apache and his instructions do not appear to apply.  For example, there is no WAR file to place in the Tomcat WEB-INF directory and no cocoon.properties file to place wherever it's supposed to be placed (Brett is unclear on this point). Further, ANT craps out on the build file with a classdef not found error. Finally, the install "documentation" accompanying the d/l is worthless.

Anybody know the procedure, bugs, workarounds, Tomcat configuration (tomcat.bat, web.xml) modifications, etc. or have any idea where this documentation is, if it exists at all to get Cocoon 2.0 beta 2 working?

Thanks,
Mark