[xsl] format-number usage on international platform

Subject: [xsl] format-number usage on international platform
From: "Nuri Besen" <nb_news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:07:06 -0400
Hello,

Using Xalan 2.1.0 format-number on international platform throws:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ElemTemplateElement error: Malformed
format string
at org.apache.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:283)

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(AMT,'#,##0')"/>

I know the regional settings for WinNT4.0 are set to Turkish and the thousands
separator is a '.' (period) and I have tested the format as:

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(AMT,'#.##0')"/>

and it works. BUT I know on Xalan 1.2.2 the comma worked correctly in that it
meant to use the thousands separator of the platform and not literal meaning.

Am I using this correctly? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nuri