[xsl] CRLF different with XSL and XSLTC using Xalan 2.1.0

Subject: [xsl] CRLF different with XSL and XSLTC using Xalan 2.1.0
From: Dave_White@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:53:59 -0400

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I've been digging through
the archives and seen a few similar posts, but nothing right on...

I have a stylesheet that I want to have 2 values and a CR/LF after each
set. I thought I had to put:

<xsl:value-of select="DepMiddleInit"/>
<xsl:value-of select="DepAge"/>
<xsl:text>&#xD;&#xA;</xsl:text>

But the resulting doc has 2 D's and 1 A in the output. (I'm running on
windows).

I saw a post that mentioned Xalan was noticing I am running on windows and
helping me out by converting the A into a DA.

The problem comes in when I create a translet from this stylesheet. After
performing the transformation here, I get out exactly what I put in the
stylesheet, the A's are not automatically converted into DA combinations.

This isn't that big a deal if this is the way it's supposed to work, I'll
just have to make sure that anyone using XSLTC uses the DA combo and
un-compiled transformations use just the A... Seems like a shame to have to
keep that straight though.

Is this configurable? Am I just doing something obviously wrong? Has anyone
else had this problem? Do you care? (just checking).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- dave white