[xsl] Muenchian keys ... plus a bit?

Subject: [xsl] Muenchian keys ... plus a bit?
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:50:18 +0100

 <ent>
  <item>zero</item>
  <pge key="t">210</pge>
 </ent>
</idx>

And indexing DTD.

I want to present it as

A  B  C .... Z
(each hotlinked to the start of that letter).

Then

A  (the anchor)

aardvark, page 1,67,79
  (say with page 67
-------------------

bathtub, page 3,5,7

------------------

zero, page 210
   (210 in bold, its the main entry)
etc.

Two pass solution, first sorting, to make data entry easy.
Being lazy, I don't always remember that I've already made
an entry for a particular element, so there are duplicates.
the <item> is duplicated, but the page numbers are not,
hence the 'remove duplicates' approach of keys only partially works.
Hence the Muenchian plus (I think :-).

Question, how to remove the duplicate entries without losing
the page numbers associated with the duplicate?

I found this quite an interesting stylesheet, till I couldn't
figure out the key definitions/usage, then I was stopped.

I have everything except the 'remove duplicates' bit.

Any help appreciated.

Regards daveP
**************snip here*************

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk