RE: [xsl] one element and two namespaces

Subject: RE: [xsl] one element and two namespaces
From: "Sunil Dua" <sdua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:55:18 -0700
thanks buddy....It was really helpful

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DuCharme, Bob
(LNG)
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:25 AM
To: 'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

>	<first>
>		<record></record>
>	</first>
>	<first xmlns="http://www.imsproject.org/metadata";>
>		<record></record>
>	</first>
>
>I am able to extract all the element with the name first except the one
>with this namespace declaration. I need to treat all element with the
>name "first" equally.

In match condition terms, you want all the elements for whom the local part
of the name (the part after the ":" that delimits the namespace prefix)
equals "first":

  match="*[local-name()='first']"

Simply writing match="first", which I imagine is what you did, is only
asking for all the first elements from the default namespace.

I did an article that covered this and some related cases at
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/02/trxml.html. See the xq257.xsl example in
particular.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.