[xsl] Performing a CSS-like operation using XSL

Subject: [xsl] Performing a CSS-like operation using XSL
From: Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:54:32 -0700
Hey guys,

I've got a situation where I want to use CSS but I can not rely on it since
many of the targets to which I'm rendering are not necessarily going to
support CSS (Pocket IE on WinCE for example). I also have to do things like
specify Branded icons and the like. What I want to do is build a CSS process
in XSL where I take a well formed HTML document go through all the nodes and
do the appropriate transformations on it to add the styling. I can't imagine
supporting the full set of CSS selection rules but something not too much
more complex than:
<rule class="someclass" element="someElement">...</rule>

Has anyone tried to do this before? It seems like it shouldn't be too hard
to accomplish this in a simple case.

Thanks,

Adam van den Hoven
Internet Software Developer