RE: [xsl] Tutorial

Subject: RE: [xsl] Tutorial
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:20:41 -0400
At 01/08/24 16:54 -0700, Evan Lenz wrote:
While reserving for everyone the benefit of the doubt, I will note that
Ken's excerpt is clearly marked EXCERPT over every page. There also seems to
be some minimal security measures, like copy-and-paste being disabled.

To accommodate the security measures of disabling copy-and-paste, I have included as part of the book sale a ZIP file of every sample XSLT and XML file used in the book. This way you can take the examples in the book and modify them to learn more of how they work.

We are planning the tenth edition of "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" and the first edition of "Practical Formatting Using XSLFO" both next month. We are also planning the first edition of "Practical XML Information Modelling" early in the new year. I am adding an accessible version of the books as part of my publishing process that has been warmly received in tests by those with visual disabilities. Authoring the material in XML and using XSLT/XPath to publish it has been very handy in this regard.

Each book is sold either individually, as a site-wide staff license, or as a world-wide staff license (some companies have already purchased world-wide staff licenses ... to check if you are already entitled to your own copy of the book because your company has purchased a world license, please check the book sale information page from our home page noted below).

Please send any specific questions off the list and directly to me (being careful to change the reply-to from the list address to our address).

-- G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995) Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products. Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3 Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html Next public instructor-led training: 2001-09-18,09-19,10-01,10-04, - 10-22,11-05,12-09,12-10,02-02

Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05