RE: [xsl] http request - unexpected characters after document end

Subject: RE: [xsl] http request - unexpected characters after document end
From: "Syn-Ti Ng" <SNg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:54:26 +1100
Actually, I've tried several sites; I've tried a transitional xhtml and strict xhtml (from  www.w3.org) and I've even tried some of my own simple ones on our server. All complain about 'line: 2, col 3 as well. The only place I've seen it done is:
 http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2602.html#d113e348
 (point 11) but I've found this site to be wrong at times.

Syn-Ti

> Anyone know?  - I checked out the spec and I couldn't see anything which
> explicitly said you could or couldn't do this, nor was their anything I
> could find in the XSLT books I've got lying around.

Why shouldn't it be allowed? It's useful, it works (if what you get is XML),
and it's not forbidden in the spec.