Re: [xsl] FW: ] Top Ten Java and XSLT Tips, #5

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: ] Top Ten Java and XSLT Tips, #5
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:04:51 +0100
> Apparently when the output method is "xml", (for XHTML display) Microsoft
> Internet Explorer 5.5 running on Windows 2000 capital letter "A" with the
> circumflex accent symbol above it.

that's what you see if you look at the utf8 encoding of the character in
a latin1 encoded window.

IE5 on windows will only do that if you set it up wrong: forcing it to
use the latin1 encoding even if the document specifies utf8.

Much as I'd prefer to blame microsoft I suspect user error in this case.

information visit or alternatively call