RE: [xsl] Converting number to ASCII-character

Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting number to ASCII-character
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:53:36 +0100
> > The closest equivalent is:
> >  <xsl:value-of select="concat('&amp;', $number, ';')"
> >    disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
> > which works because Unicode character values are a superset
> of ASCII.
> >

> this seemed to be the best solution for me. But the xsl:value element
> outputs the following:
>
> &amp;65;

Then you are using a processor (or serializer) that doesn't support
disable-output-escaping. Not all do, it's an optional feature, and a
somewhat deprecated one. Switch processor, or use one of the other
solutions.

(Incidentally, of course, I left out the "#" that's required in the output,
you want "&#65;".

Mike Kay