Re: [xsl] XML to Word Document

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to Word Document
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:02:22 +0200
> Paul
>
> Know of any sources for xml to PDF using MS?  I know that you can use
xsl-fo
> in the Java world, but what about MS?  Thanks!

Hi Jon,

why should MS support a proprietary format of another firm, here Adobe? I
really don't believe that there is such a tool from MS.

And XSL-FO has nothing to do with Java. It's also a XML-representation. What
you could need, is an "XSL-FO to PDF"-converter like FOP from the
Apache-team (xml.apache.org). XSL-FO you will get by stylesheets. Maybe
DocBook is interesting for you. It's a standard for discribing documents.
And for DocBook there are stylesheets available, which can transform the
DocBook-representation to HTML or XSL-FO. ... And then with FOP from XSL-FO
to PDF. But FOP is from "the Java world".

Joerg