Re: [xsl] Disable Output escaping - what am i doing wrong?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Disable Output escaping - what am i doing wrong?
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:02:37 -0400
Presumably  the database has already escaped the HTML tags, or put them in a
CDATA section, otherwise you would not have well-formed XML.  It could look
like this:

<root>
<field>&lt;p&gt;this &lt;br&gt;is a test
</field>
</root>

Here is how you can do disable-output-escaping to get what you want:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method='html' encoding='utf-8'/>

<xsl:template match="/">
 <xsl:value-of select='root/field' disable-output-escaping='yes'/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Here is the actual transformed result of the little example above:

Cheers,

Tom P

[Paul Mortimer]

> I'm having problems formatting information from an SQL 2000 data source.
The