[xsl] Serializing external XML documents

Subject: [xsl] Serializing external XML documents
From: Pedro Pastor <pps@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:52:54 +0200
1) I am using "document()" function (maybe abusing of it) to talk HTTP with
an external application: Tamino DB.

Question: Is there any other XSLT standard way of talking HTTP from inside
a stylesheet ?

2) One of the possible calls to Tamino is a "_process" function for content
updating purposes. The syntax for this function is:

DB-URL?_process=<XML object> (XML object stands for a text serialized XML
fragment)

Question: What is the most practical way of reading an external XML-file
with the desired target XML information and serialize it as non-escaped XML
markup text and insert it into the "document()" function to perform the
HTTP call ?

For the sake of simplicity, lets consider I am going to serialize the whole
external XML file.
(I mean, a solution simplifying all of the "CDATA section" and
"disable-output-escaping" staff).

Thank you very much in advance.

Pedro Pastor
University of Alicante (Spain).