Re: [xsl] difference between nodetests -: URI:name and prefix:name

Subject: Re: [xsl] difference between nodetests -: URI:name and prefix:name
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:34:14 -0400
Everyone,

At 04:31 AM 10/10/01, Jeni wrote:
Hi Avani,

> Please tell me what is the difference in the syntax of prefix:name &
> URI:name Node Tests. The two have been given as different type of
> node tests in XSLT AND XPATH quick reference.

The XSLT & XPath Quick Reference is misleading. There is no URI:name
node test, only a prefix:name node test.

The Quick Reference has now been emended by deleting the offending line. We apologize for the confusion: the origin of the error has been traced to a brain spasm.

Please feel free to download a fresh copy of the QuickRef at www.mulberrytech.com/quickref. Alternatively, you may take a pen and strike out the line "URI:name" from your copy (under "Node Tests").

Thanks for your vigilance, and please don't hesitate to call attention to any other errors or infelicities in the Quick References.

Cheers,
Wendell