Re: [xsl] passing variables to a stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing variables to a stylesheet
From: Eric Smith <Eric.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 22:07:14 +0200
According to cutlass on Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 01:33:52PM +0100:
> most command line invocations provide a way of passing params; though they
> are slightly different with each parser.
>
> a command line invocation using instant saxon with 2 params p1.
>
> saxon source.xml source.xsl p1="aaa"

Could someone tell me how they pass parameters to their stylesheets
using xalan.

The docs say:
[-PARAM name expression (Set a stylesheet parameter)]

So I use org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -PARAM someconditon 1 -IN some.xml
-XSL some .xsl

But that gives the error:
 org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not find
variable with the name of somecondition

Do they mean variable when they say set a parameter, am I missing
something here?

I want to do form the commandline the same thing as:
<xsl:variable name="somecondition" select="1"/>

thanx
--
Eric Smith - See mail headers for processors used