RE: [xsl] How do I remove the unnecessary white spaces

Subject: RE: [xsl] How do I remove the unnecessary white spaces
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:32:24 +0100
> Hi XSL gurus,
>
> I am using an xml and xsl to create a text file.
> The generated text file contains unnecessary spaces.
> Can anyone help me how to remove it.

You need to identity where the whitespace comes from. There's nothing wrong
with your code below. Whitespace comes from one of three places
(a) it can be copied from the stylesheet
(b) it can be coped from the source document
(c) it can be generated by indent="yes" on xsl:output.

Usually looking at what is adjacent to the unwanted whitespace tells you the
answer.

Mike Kay