[xsl] ANN: Java DOM Source Generator stylesheet

Subject: [xsl] ANN: Java DOM Source Generator stylesheet
From: "Kaganovich, Yevgeniy (Eugene)" <YKaganovich@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:15:40 -0700
All,

I've written a stylesheet that will try to generate Java source code that
builds up a Document object from an XML source using DOM. I don't know if
anyone actually needs it, but it was a fun thing to do :)

The stylesheet is available at http://www.chush.com/domgen.xsl. The biggest
limitation is that it won't properly handle text that contains newlines and
double-quotes, but it can be useful if you have some reason to build up an
XML Document node by node: you can just write a sample XML and get the
source code, then modify the source to your pleasure.

The stylesheet hasn't been heavily tested, but at least seemed to work on
itself, except for one issue with namespaces that I believe to be a bug in
Xerces.

Comments welcome.

- Yevgeniy "Eugene" Kaganovich