[xsl] using xsl to check for duplicate elements

Subject: [xsl] using xsl to check for duplicate elements
From: Pankaj Jain <pjain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:19:53 +0100
Hi all,
Is there a way to check an XML file for duplicate elements and eliminate the
second one?  i.e. If I have the following XML:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes">
<Instruments>
    <Equity>
        <ISSUE_ID>108558</ISSUE_ID>
        <RIC>IBM.N</RIC>
        <CTRY_ID>648</CTRY_ID>
        <EXCH_ID>224</EXCH_ID>
        <NAME>IBM</NAME>
        <EXCH_ID>224</EXCH_ID>
        <ISSUE_ID>108558</ISSUE_ID>
        <CTRY_ID>648</CTRY_ID>
    </Equity>
</Instruments>

What would I do in XSL to create a new XML file that looks like the
following:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes">
<Instruments>
    <Equity>
        <ISSUE_ID>108558</ISSUE_ID>
        <RIC>IBM.N</RIC>
        <CTRY_ID>648</CTRY_ID>
        <EXCH_ID>224</EXCH_ID>
        <NAME>IBM</NAME>
    </Equity>
</Instruments>

Thanks
Pankaj

-----
Pankaj Jain

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may
contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the
addressee(s) only.  If you have received this email in error, please contact
the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any
attachments thereto..