Re: [xsl] dd mmm yyyy Date converted to number - attempt to sort using variable - unable to do so

Subject: Re: [xsl] dd mmm yyyy Date converted to number - attempt to sort using variable - unable to do so
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:18:02 +0100
On Sun, Oct 28 '01 at 11:33, mark.clare@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a list of items which contain a date in the format dd mmm yyyy.  I
> want to sort these entries by date.  To do so I have used the following
> code:
>
> [ ... lot of stuff deleted ... ]
>
> Can anyone advise how I can utilise the variable in the sort function?
No, sorry.

But why don't you use substring() to converte your dd mm yyyy string to
yyyymmdd and sort on this variable

Oops, I just realised you've mmm. In this case it is not as easy, but
you could use a pure XSLt based lookup to converte your mmm into mm
first, and than use substring to rearange your date.
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.