RE: [xsl] cdata output and different xslt processors

Subject: RE: [xsl] cdata output and different xslt processors
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:08:08 -0000
> I have been porting my presentation layer to use different backend
> processors.  So far using saxon-java has been the easiest
> except for it's
> handling of cdata.  I was wondering if the was a standard way
> of handling
> it, specifically "<" and ">"?

yes, there is a standard way of handling it, and Saxon follows the standard.

I'm afraid your example doesn't make it clear how you are trying to use
CDATA, so I can't really see where your misunderstanding lies.

> My understanding is that whatever is between cdata brackets
> should be passed
> "as-is". Wouldn't this be easiest for people to understand?
> I realize there
> must be some reason for Saxon not doing this.

Saxon does indeed pass the contents of the CDATA section to the application
"as-is".

> Is there another way I can handle this?  I don't want to declare the
> namespace for the transformation on the server. I want it to
> be used only on the client.

I'm afraid that final comment has me completely bemused. What has this got
to do with namespaces, or with the place where transformation happens?

Mike Kay