Re: [xsl] Basic server-side transformation questions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Basic server-side transformation questions
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:45:38 +0100
southen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  So what I wanted to do was to have the transformation done
> server-side, so that all browsers can read the reviews.

A laudable goal. It is, however, a broad topic.
Since you use Apache, you can download and install tomcat
and cocoon, which comes with Xalan as a XSL processor. This
gives you a powerful publishing environment on the cheap.
For a little bit more performance, you can use a more
tailored servlet based approach with Xalan or Saxon as
processor.
Alternatively, you might want to investigate into a CGI
based solution, either invoke any of the XSL processors
mentioned on http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect1/N303.html
directly or use a Perl or Python based interface. The
"ressources" section on http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml.html
will have some more pointers to get you started.
Don't ask for the "best" solution without specifying your
your environment and your requirements in detail.

HTH
J.Pietschmann