Re: [xsl] Question of performance

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question of performance
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:58:53 +0200
Ragulf Pickaxe wrote:

I have a fairly large (41 KB) xsl document that is of course used for processing xml documents.

In this document I (usualy) declare the variables in the scope that I use them. Now it is found that I need a complex variable some 3-4 different places in this document.

My question is this: For best performance, is it best declare this variable as a global one, allocating memory for it for the whole duration or is it best to declare it where it must be used each and every time thereby having to process the declaration 4 times in a document?

I think regard of unchangeable nature of xslt variables it's much more efficient create 1 global variable once rather than create it many times everywhere you need its value.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel