Re: [xsl] http parameters

Subject: Re: [xsl] http parameters
From: sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:15:37 +0000
Douklias, Mike  JSIMS_M writes:

 > Is there any way you can grab the parameters from the http line??
 >
 > Example: If I have an xml file called mypage.xml that has an XSL,
 > and I will like to grab the passed parameter "test"
 > (http://mypage.xml?test=something), how can I do that in XSL??? Is
 > it possible to put the parameter in the xsl:variable or
 > xsl:param???

It's up to the web application to pass the parameters on to
<xsl:param>. either the server or the browser. On the server, Cocoon
and AxKit do what you expect, on the browser with IE5/6 you have to do
some wrapping up on Javascript. If you describe your setup, someone
can give an appropriate recipe. If its a Microsoft IE setup, I
recommend Chris Bayes site, it has lots of examples of stuff like this.

Sebastian Rahtz