Re: [xsl] Position or Count

Subject: Re: [xsl] Position or Count
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:08:18 +0000
Hi Kevin,

> The call to the 'state-lookup' key DOES have to occur in the
> document holding the ROWSET elements. So your suggestion for using
> substring() function seems most viable. However, I am not sure how
> to go about doing it. Once I have written out the comma it is a text
> format. Not sure how I would then use substring?

Wrap the xsl:for-each that iterates over the layer_params elements in
an xsl:variable:

  <xsl:variable name="positionList">
    <xsl:for-each select="//layer_params">
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:variable>

then take the substring of that variable's value:

  substring($positionList, 1, string-length($positionList) - 1)

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison