[xsl] exclude-result-prefixes

Subject: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes
From: "DuCharme, Bob (LNG)" <bob.ducharme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:30:40 -0500
I have some literal result elements being added to a result tree with
namespace declarations that I don't want, and while I thought
exclude-result-prefixes was supposed to handle this, it doesn't seem to have
the desired effect. Despite both exclude-result-prefixes attributes in
thestylesheet below, the result still shows namespace declarations, e.g.

	  <xsd:element xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
name="emph"/>

What do I do to prevent it the xmlns:xsd attributes from showing up? (An xsd
schemas was used as the source.) I thought that, according to 7.1.1 of the
XSLT Rec, the second one in particular would do the trick.

A sample stylesheet:

	                version="1.0"
	                exclude-result-prefixes="xsd">

	  <xsl:template match="xsd:element">
	    <xsd:element name="{@name}" xsl:exclude-result-prefixes=" xsd
"/>
	  </xsl:template>

	</xsl:stylesheet>

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii