[xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lookup-table thoughts (was Re: matching multiple times, outputting once?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lookup-table thoughts (was Re: matching multiple times, outputting once?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:42:31 -0800 (PST)
Hi David,

> > Unfortunately, a namespace for a template reference has to be ***globally***
defined
> > as has to be any template. Therefore name clashes are possible.
>
> but isn't that the point of namespaces, that you can give yourself
> globally unique names? eg you use mailto:dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx?x and no
> one else should use that name, or maybe I missed the point you were
> trying to make?

You had to miss my point as I was wrong -- out of mere ignorance I was thinking that
same namespace prefixes from different imported stylesheets can clash with each
other. Now I re-read Mike's book and saw that it is explicitly not so.

Therefore Jeni is right that I can use prefix:* in the match attribute of the
referenced template.

> Also beware of namespace-uri()='pGenerator'] pGenerator is a relative
> URI so according to the W3C's somewhat strange ruling on relative
> namespace uri's you are on your own, and a system _might_ make the URI
> absolute (resolving against the uri of the stylesheet, presumably)
> in which case the string compare wouldn't work.

Thanks for the warning. Typically referenced templates reside in the same stylesheet
in which the reference to them is defined.

However, to be on the safe side I will use "x:pGenerator" instead of just
"pGenerator" (I hope my understanding of what is an absolute URI is correct).

Thank you very much for your remarks.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.