Re: [xsl] create several js-functions

Subject: Re: [xsl] create several js-functions
From: Nathalie Pult <s9292251@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:51:14 +0100 (MET)
Hi Jeni
> > I have to generate from one xml-file two outputs in one html-file
> > (for javascript-functions.) In both functions, the order in which
> > the elements are stored in the xml must be maintained. But every
> > function needs to choose different elements.
> > Both functions have to refer to the same predefined templates.
> > How could this be done?

Hi,
here some more info:
xml-snippet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
	<interaction>
		<titre>title_1</titre>
		<texte>simple_text_1</texte>
		<exemple>
			<texte>example_text_1</texte>
			<texte>example_text_2</texte>
		</exemple>
		<texte>simple_text_2</texte>
		<exemple>
			<texte>example_text_3</texte>
		</exemple>
		<titre>title_2</titre>
		<texte>simple_text_3</texte>
		<buttons>
			<button value="proparoxyton">Proparoxyton</button>
			[...]
		</buttons>
	</interaction>
</xml>

Both js-funcitons are created by the same stylesheet.
js-function1:
should make apply all templates except the one for the <buttons>-Element.
js-function2:
should make apply only the templates for the <titre> and the
<buttons>-Element.

Since the order in which the elements are grouped in the xml-file is
mandatory, it seems like I cannot use any <xsl:call-template>-construct.

For every element, there is a <xsl:template match="...">-construct that I
cannot change.
Until now, I used to use an <xsl:template match="buttons"/> for not
displaying any of the <buttons>-subtree. But since in one js-function it
has to be
displayed and in another not, I do not know how to proceed.
I hope I explained the problem more clearly now.

Thank you!
Nathalie