RE: [xsl] Globalization with XSL-XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Globalization with XSL-XML
From: timw@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:47:44 +1100
Hi Annalisa,

There are lot of issues in localization, not only the language itself, but
also the display of numbers, the way the page is read (Left to right/right
to left and top to bottom/bottom to top), date display and more. has a method of
replacing language tags using an XML of translated strings included using

I have developed an XML file of currencies with number display which I would
be happy to supply you with if you would like.

The pages I am currently developing use automatic translation between German
and English, although as Jim Fuller pointed out in his post, pre-parsing
will probably give a quicker response, with a folder for each language.

Tim Watts