RE: [xsl] Call context within a named xsl:template

Subject: RE: [xsl] Call context within a named xsl:template
From: Ruben.Provoost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:45:18 +0100
On 13 Nov 2001, at 18:06, Michael Kay wrote:

> > Is
> > there anyway I can determine who called me?
> >

> No.
>
> (It's surprising how often people ask for features in XSLT that I've never
> come across in any other programming language...)

I've seen (NOT written...) Java code like this :

public void someMethod()
{
  String caller;

  try
  {
    throw new Exception("nothing happened");
  }
  catch (Exception e)
  {
    // get name of caller from exception stack trace
  }

  if (caller.equals("someClass"))
  {
  }
  else
  {
  }

}

Ruben Provoost

WE PUT YOUR DIGITAL ASSETS TO WORK

MediaMine nv
Bedrijfsstraat 21
B- 3500 Hasselt
Belgium
tel: +32 11 260 760
fax: +32 11 260 769
mailto:ruben.provoost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.mediamine.com
The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee
only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended addressee, please delete this message and notify the
sender; do not copy or distribute this message (forwarding, printing, ...)
or disclose its contents to anyone.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MediaMine or of any of its associated companies. No reliance may
be placed on this message without written confirmation of the author or
from an authorised representative of the company.