Re: [xsl] vertical positioning of page contents in XSL FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] vertical positioning of page contents in XSL FO
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:32:18 +0000
Hi Lisa,

> I think this should be a fairly easy one, but I can't find the
> property. You know how the start of a chapter usually starts about
> 1/3-1/2 of the way down the page? How can I set the page to
> vertically align at the bottom?

To vertically align at the bottom, you need to set the display-align
property on the fo:region-body formatting object to 'after'. That
aligns the content of the page to the bottom of the page, but if the
page can be filled up, then it will be completely filled up, so I'm
not sure that's what you want to do.

Instead, I think you want to set the margin-top of the fo:region-body
in the fo:simple-page-master used for the first page of the chapter to
33% or 50%, so that the region in which the content can be placed only
starts a third or half way down the page in the first place. Obviously
that means having different fo:simple-page-masters for different
pages, so you need to use a fo:page-sequence-master to control it.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison