Re: [xsl] Counting Nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Counting Nodes
From: "Richard Jinks" <cyberthymia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:54:32 -0000
Thanks for everyone's help, confusion resolved.
(and the case of Apache Xalan, bug report raised)

From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An AbbreviatedRelativeLocationPath consists of a RelativeLocationPath
> followed by "//" followed by a Step, so I can't see how you infer from
this
> that "//" can be used as an expression on its own.

I think this arose because in my confusion I made the fatal mistake of
reading what I wanted / expected to see as opposed to reading what was
really there. Apologies. I've read the bits in your book again and they do
actually make sense now. (Nice book, BTW)

Thanks,
Richard