Re: [xsl] XSL and international characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL and international characters
From: Marcin Kłos <quosoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:28:50 +0100
Hi David,

> > somewhere during the transformation those
> > charcters are converted into some rubbish.
>
> that is not rubbish, that is the characters you want, in the default
> encoding for XML which is utf-8.

Well, I agree that those are characters are in UTF-8 and that I wanted
characters in UTF, the problem is that I passed as parameter one two-bye
character and each byte of those two was transformed again into two-byte
characters giving in result four bytes i.e., two two-byte characters.

Orginal character was %C5%82 and the result was &Aring; - one character and
&#130; - second character :(

--
Pozdrawiam
Marcin 'Quosoo' Kłos