Re: [xsl] whitespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] whitespaces
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:44:52 +0100
Hi Oleg,

I Think this is not so a XSL-problem than more a whitespace-handling-problem of the browsers. Mozilla (or Netscape 6) had a bug with whitespace-handling in href's and name's/id's, which is set to fixed now. I don't know whether it's implemented already in Mozilla 0.96.

Joerg

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Hello Pep!

I'm calling to a javascript function with a parameter in an HTML's HREF. This parameter is the value of a node an I call the function this way:

of course, the href is inside a template that match the node. This javascript function just marks all the values from the node ( the href is between <xsl:for-each..>) as a link.The problem is that these values of the node has whitespaces.

Probably you can normalize that value by using normalize-space() function. This xpath function removes leading and trailing whitespace and replaces any long whitespace sequences by a single space character.

---
Oleg Tkachenko,
Multiconn International, Israel

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

News:
Cocoon-Premiere - Virbus AG setzt bei ShoppingMall-Plattform "Lofex"
auf neueste XML-basierende Technologie
http://www.virbus.de/de/press/pressemitteilung/20011123_lofex/index.html
http://www.lofex.de