[xsl] symbols < and > in attribute

Subject: [xsl] symbols < and > in attribute
From: Ernesto Reinaldo <erbxslt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:39:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

I'm generating JSP pages from an XML document and in
these pages I need to have tags of the following form

<mytag ttr1="<%= value%>"/>.

In the XML sources I have something like

<mytag attr1="= value"/>

I was trying to generate this using something like
(sometimes the mytag may have a content to be
"evaluated", so I cant not just copy the tag and
insert  < and > ).

<xsl:template match="mytag">
 <mytag>
  <xsl:attribute name="attr1"/>
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
     &lt;%
   </xsl:text>
   <xsl:value-of select="@attr1"/>
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
     %&gt;
   </xsl:text>
  </xsl:attribute>
  ... do something with the body if any
 </mytag>
</xsl:template>

but &tl; and &gt;. Somewhere I read (maybe in the
specification) that is not possible to use
dissable-out-escaping to generate attributes... So my
my question is if there is a "clean" way to go around
that? How can one get the charactes < and > printed in
the attribute?

I'm able to generate the XSLT code to "solve" the
previous problem, just using <xsl:text .../>
everywhere, but my "solution" is far from being
"clean".

Thanks in advance,

Ernesto Reinaldo