[xsl] XSLT Feature request

Subject: [xsl] XSLT Feature request
From: "Nestel, Frank" <frank.nestel@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:37:56 +0100
Hello,

we have problem with the <xsl:decimal-format/>!
Don't know where to post this.

We'd like to render nice German pages (where "," is
decimal-separator and "." or "'" is grouping separator),
and we'd like to switch to US format every now and
then.

On the other hand we feed in xslt-stylesheets and
datasources which are usuall programming way (i.e.
using "." as decimal-separator).

As it seems, there is only one setting in the above
element and this affects everything. So we cannot
change the stylesheet only, but switching output format
means changing the decimal-format, every format in the
stylesheet and every incoming data-source. Couldn't there
be a spearate setting for output-decimal-separator,
stylesheet-decimal-separator and input-decimal-separator
(maybe with default value taken from decimal-separator
for	 compatibility reasons) in the next (whatever)
XSLT standard??

With best regards,
Mit besten Grüßen,

--
Dr. Frank Sven Nestel

INA-Schaeffler KG, Information Services Communication (ISC)
Industriestr. 1-3, D-91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany

Phone:+49 (0) 91 32 / 82 - 46 11, Mailto://Frank.Nestel@xxxxxx
Internet: http://www.ina.com