Re: [xsl] class and graphic in FO?

Subject: Re: [xsl] class and graphic in FO?
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:54:17 +0000
Hi Yan,

> Just began to work on a project by using XSL-FO. As in html page, we
> can use CSS to define a class to format a html page. I am wondering
> how I can define a class to do a similar trick b/c it is very
> cumbersome for me to set the text formatting for every <fo:block>.

If you're generating XSL-FO using XSLT (as is intended), attribute
sets can be really useful. Define an attribute set for each 'class',
so things like:

<xsl:attribute-set name="paragraph">
  <xsl:attribute name="font-size">12</xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:attribute name="text-align">justify</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

You can then use an attribute set on a particular fo:block with
xsl:use-attribute-sets:

  <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="paragraph">
  </fo:block>

Attribute sets can be based on other attribute sets, and you can use
several attribute sets on any particular element if you want to (in
effect having several classes).

Cheers,

Jeni

---