Re: [xsl] Re: The Solution -- Re: how to rearrange nodes based on a dependency graph?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: The Solution -- Re: how to rearrange nodes based on a dependency graph?
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:26:04 +0100
> - --- Gunther Schadow <gunther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As beautifully as this is designed, the only sad thing is that
> > it can't work without using some Microsoft (or other) extension.

There is a XSLT code for topological sort available which doesn't
rely on xx:node-set(), last seen at
 http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N6461.html#d195e853

Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is true, that without the xx:node-set() function, XSLT 1.0 is 50%
> crippled.

Well, that's somewhat bold. I was able to get rid of xx:node-set() i
most cases i was tempted to use it, by sacrificing readability.
I agree that abandoning RTFs is a good idea in general, but variables
holding constructed node sets have it's own set of pitfalls attached,
and we'll see a lot of abuse of this feature once it is the standard.

Regards
J.Pietschmann