Re: [xsl] unique elements from different sourcefile

Subject: Re: [xsl] unique elements from different sourcefile
From: Thomas Winkler <t.winkler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jan 2002 16:05:34 +0100
Am Don, 2002-01-03 um 16.04 schrieb G. Ken Holman:
> At 2002-01-03 14:31 +0100, Thomas Winkler wrote:
> >i'm really having a hard time figuring this little problem. because of
> >simplicity and performance i used the muench method for finding unique
> >elements and whatever else i needed. but this one just doesn't work for
> >me.
>
> I think because you need local scope for grouping.
>
> >all i want is getting all possible children of a specific element. since
> >the content model of some elements can be very complicated (such as
> >"head"), most xpath axis don't work.
>
> I see you are looking for unique descendents of each element ... I see that
> as a grouping within scope problem as well as the other post today (is it
> me, or does everything look like a nail today?).
>
> >i think i have to use at least two for loops,
>
> No, I think you just have to scope your grouping within the apex of what
> you need to be grouped.
>
> >what do my xsl:key and xsl:for-each(s) have to look like. i tried many
> >things, i just don't want to write here.
>
> I wouldn't use keys here, I again see this as a "grouping with variables"
> problem.
>
> I hope the code below helps.

thank you for your help. it works great for me.

just curious,

what do i have to do when i want to use the muench method or at least
xsl:keys on a different document. i thought i would need two for-eachs
and the xsl:key just has to be defined in the "scope" of the different
document.

is it that way that with the first for-each on the different document i
get into the right scope and with the second i create my index with
xsl:key. could this problem be solved via muench method. i am just
asking because obviously i don't understand it completely.

thank you again.

thomas winkler