Re: [xsl] RE: Postional predicates de-mystified

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Postional predicates de-mystified
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:49:54 GMT

> Is it because you find your comments answered differently according to
> which list you send them to?

well actualy experience seems to indicate that they aren't answered at
all (especially xquery ones) unless the message is cross posted to a
different list. This is why I've been cross posting all my responses to
either xsl-list or xml-dev in addition to one of the official comment
lists.

>  If so are you suggesting creating one big
> XMLQuery/XPath/XSLT mailing list for general discussion, comments?

Not necessarily for discussion but I feel the official comment lists as
advertised in the status section should be the same for each document.

Suppose I want to make an official response to the drafts along the
lines of

widget functionality appears to be shared between xquery and xslt
and I think the widget function should be moved into core xpath
or the functions and operators document.

Do I send that to www-xpath-comments@xxxxxx, xslt-editors@xxxxxx or
www-xml-query-comments@xxxxxx, or cross post to all three?

David