RE: [xsl] another xpath question

Subject: RE: [xsl] another xpath question
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:50:49 -0000

Thanks for all the help so far - truly the fastest support around :)

I have one final question, regarding Mike Kay's response:

>> Whereas the output I want is
>>
>> (xref)
>> Renew LP Piston Seal (Fig 5.5.1(xref))   //the (xref) will be
>> a graphic...
>
>Remove the call on <xsl:value-of>, and use the default template rule for
>text nodes, which outputs the text content of the node.

Is it possible to do this without using the default template rule? - on some
XML files there are hundreds of text nodes and just a few interesting ones.
I currently deal with them using:

<xsl:template match="text()"/>

As I understand it, the alternative to this is to create (empty) templates
for all the nodes that I dont want to appear.

It isnt actually a requirement that the xref graphic appears within the
fig(...) but if there is a way of doing it, then thats preferrable.

Many thanks

andrew