[xsl] XSLT/XPath Conformance - invitation for test files

Subject: [xsl] XSLT/XPath Conformance - invitation for test files
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 20:50:14 -0500
Hello from the OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Committee,

We finally got the press announcement out today regarding our invitation for test files:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200201/msg00004.html

Our committee home page is found at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xslt/

Our goal is collect, catalogue, and publish a set of test files for XSLT 1.0 processors. Our efforts to date have already revealed areas needing clarification and comment from the W3C working group ... we pass on all debatable issues to them for resolution (we are not trying to be an arbiter for the Recommendations, just trying to catalogue a useful set of test files).

We have published a DTD for the submission catalogue in order to accept test files and their descriptions. Our first step is to "go through the motions" with only a few tests from as many sources as possible, and then do it again with a complete set of tests once we are satisfied with the resulting suite structure. Also, by inviting an initial small set of tests, we hope to entice more organizations to participate, and then after the initial submission they can take the time to prepare a catalogue of all the tests they wish to submit.

To set the scope for the initial test, we are asking for only those XSLT test files related to the <xsl:number> function.

We have published on our web site our submission and review policies, and mounted a ZIP file of all stylesheets and control files needed to validate a a catalogue submission for XSLT and XPath tests. Part of our delay in releasing this is we've made the catalogue validation environment generic so it can be used for other sets of test files, not just those for XSLT. This is part of the general conformance effort at OASIS.

If you would like to participate by submitting your test files to our effort we would be pleased to accept them for consideration. Those tests we choose to include will be attributed accordingly.

We look forward to your input and feedback!

p.s. we are in dire need of more volunteers ... if you would like to participate, please consider joining OASIS as an individual or corporate member or come right on up if your company is already a member.

--
G. Ken Holman
Crane Softwrights Ltd.