Re: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences

Subject: Re: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:26:53 GMT
Mike, could you expand on this comment:
  If a variable $v references such a node,
  then when the node is added to a document, the value of
  count($v/ancestor::*) is going to change.

I don't understand.
You can't add a node to a document (can you?) only copy it.
If you're building a document and copy $v into the current tree the
ancestors of the new node will depend on where it's copied, but that is
true in any case, whether or not $v is rootless, so you must have
something else in mind??

   .... My worries may be misplaced (the data model suggests that when a
   node is added to a tree,

ah maybe you already answered my question, but I'd still be interested
to know what adding a node to a tree would mean (is this perhaps related
to the xquery update question?

David