Re: [xsl] Comparing multiple dates to display the most recent

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparing multiple dates to display the most recent
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:25:55 +0100
The general way is to sort the Requests by date:

<xsl:for-each select="Request[RequestType='MORTGAGE']">
    <xsl:sort select="DateRequested"/>
    <xsl:if test="position() = last()">
        <!-- Do something with the Request -->
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

But you have the problem, that your date isn't in the correct format to sort
it easily, it has to be YYYYMMDDHHMMSS. So you either can change the XML, if
this is possible for you, or you have to rearrange the string while sorting.
Can you change the XML? This would be the most practicable way, because it's
a bit more difficult to do the second way: you have to replace the months by
it's number values and for this it seems necessary to use the
processor-depending extension-function nodeset().

Regards,

Joerg